1. Edit Category
To create a new Zen Cart category or edit an existing one, proceed through several steps:
- Click on edit category icon.
- In the Edit Category form specify the following data:
- Parent Category - Select parent category from a drop-down list. To create Root/Main/Parent Category just leave this field blank.
- Category Name - Specify category name as it will appear in the front-end.
- Category Image - Select an Image by clicking:
to browse contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press 'OK' button on edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When local image is selected, this field will display local image path like in the following example C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
- to select some image stored remotely. It's done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
- to open Image Resize Rules window.
- You can add or delete rules if you need.
- Sort Order - It allows you to sort categories in any order you wish (Alphabetical order is set by default).
- Meta Title, Meta Keywords and Meta Description - Specify meta information for the category.
Other tab shows you the category ID. Category ID is for internal use only. You cannot modify this field.
Extra fields tab allows you to manage your extra fields like Zen Cart category status, description, etc.
To edit extra fields you can double-click on any or use Edit as HTML button
To make changes in HTML Editor.
Also, Extra fields tab content depends on additional contributions installed on your store. If there's a Zen Cart contribution that has any connection to category-related database fields, it will be shown on this page.
Click 'OK' to save this entry and to create category, or click cancel to discard this entry.
Preview the following guide to get more information on the Categories Management in ZenCart: