fmFeatured, fmFastProductsSearch - Featured Products Sectio
Featured products will be available if you have Zen Cart Featured Products contribution Installed. Otherwise your Featured Products Page icon will be "greyed out", meaning the page won't be available. Also this page is not available while using Embedded database.
Featured products page allows you to configure appearance of current product in the list of featured items. Featured products allows you to display your most important products to your visitors. In such way you can show a vast collection of featured products that you feel worth of more attention than most. Some of them may be your favorites which you would like to promote and others may be brand new products which you want to present.
To perform basic operations with Zen Cart Featured Products you can use appropriate toolbar:
Or use any of Featured Products context menus:
Basic operations are:
- Add featured products to Zen Cart.
- - when you click on Add Featured icon , standard Search products form appears.
- If you type a few letters of Product's name or model in "Text to Search" field, the Manager will show you a list of products that match your request. You may wish to specify a smaller number of rows to display results, which speeds up the search. Unless the product you're looking for is listed in the search results, please specify greater number of rows and Click Force Refresh button. If you double-click on any product in the search results, it'll be added to a featured list.
- Please note that products cannot be opened here for editing. If you wish to edit any specific product, go to Catalog -> Categories & Products section.
- "Refresh" data button forces Zen Cart featured products' list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
- By clicking on delete button you'll remove selected product from the featured list only, not from the database
- To Adjust columns width use Autosize icons.
Product will be displayed at your store as Featured only when Featured Status checkbox is checked. You can select which products from the list you'd like to be featured at this moment by a check mark in Featured Status Column or using [Check Selection]/[Uncheck Selection] icons.
Expires Date - After this date Featured status will not be valid. You can set date when you'd like to stop displaying this product as featured. If the Featured Status box is unchecked, expiration date doesn't matter - the product is already not listed.
Date added - when the product was added to featured list.
Last modified - the date you made last changes in this product status.
Date status change - automatically shows time when Featured status was changed (you can see it current meaning in the box right under Date Status Change option). Please note that even if you manually set this date, it doesn't change product status.