5. Export Customers
Export customers wizard will help you to export your customers from Zen Cart to comma-separated values file (.csv), which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Export customers you need to click on button which calls the Import/Export Wizard. Or you can use "Export customers to Excel" button for fast Zen Cart Customers Export as well.
Customers' Import/Export Wizard is similar to Categories Import/Export Wizard. To export customers follow up several steps listed below:
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" button to continue.
- Store Manager can export customers to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one (using browse button) to replace the current one. Here you can also load or save export settings (configuration).
- Also you can Save Export Settings for future export of Zen Cart customers or Load one you saved previously to use now.
- Fields Delimiter and quote character page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. The most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. Export file is usually generated for further import. If incorrect delimiter is specified during import, the file will not be parsed properly and the customers will not be imported. Second option is quote string values. It is used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Select fields you want to be exported:
- All available fields that can be exported are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>". The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Preview export file and proceed.
- Attention! When you press "Export" Button, export process will start!
- Choose what action to perform after saving export data, use "None" option and the Wizard will be automatically closed. If you wish to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
- Also you can Save Export Settings for future export of Zen Cart customers.