8. Product Manufacturers
fmProductManufacturers, fmEditProductManufactures - Product Manufacturers Section
This Section allows you to configure your Zen Cart store at the Manufacturers Level. General layout of this page is as follows: this option shows you the list of product manufacturers and their data organized in tables.
You may define manufacturers of your products here to bring as much information to your customer as you can. You can add, edit, delete manufacturer info, specify its URL, description, image and much more information to
make your site more trust-worthy.
In Zen Cart a manufacturer field is available for products belonging to the following product types: Product-General, Document-Product and Product-Free Shipping.
To perform basic operations you can use Manufacturers tool-bar.
Or use any of Manufacturers context menu.
So among basic operations you can use:
- "Add new manufacturer" calls blank Edit Manufacturer form, which is used to create a new manufacturer in a Zen Cart store.
- To edit manufacturer you can double click on it or press "Edit manufacturer" button. It calls Edit Manufacturer form for selected product. Please see below for options.
- "Refresh data" forces list of manufacturers to update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether were the latest data displayed or not.
5. Use the option for transferring manufacturer data to a separate file of such formats as:
To edit Zen Cart product manufacturer:
- Double click on it or press "Edit manufacturer" button.
- Enter/Edit the manufacturer name - this field is required.
- If you have a picture of the manufacturer you can:
- browse contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press OK button on edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When local image is selected, this field will display local image path like this - C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
- select some image stored remotely. It can done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
- open Image Resize Rules window. You can add or delete rules if you need.
- Set date added and last modified - for internal use only
- Set Manufacturer info language
- Specify date of last click.
- If the Manufacturer has a web site, you can enter the full site name (including http://) in the Manufacturer URL field.
- Specify the number of URL clicks.
- Click 'OK' button to save this entry, or click on cancel button to discard it.