7. Export Products
Export products wizard will help you to export your Zen Cart products to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Export Products procedure you need to click on the appropriate button which calls the Import/Export Wizard (see image below). Or you can use "Export Products" button for fast Export as well.
Products Import/Export Wizard is similar to Categories Import/Export Wizard. To export Zen Cart products follow up several steps listed below:
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" button to continue.
Store Manager can export Zen Cart products to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one (using browse button) replace the current file.
Here you can also load or save export settings (configuration).
Also you can Save Export Settings or Load the ones you saved previously to use now. At the next page you can see some general Zen Cart product export options.
Products you'd like to export. Default setting for this option is to export all products at current Zen Cart store. If you wish to export products only from the category highlighted in bold, select Only from current category option. If you wish to export products only from specific category, you'll need to make sure that this category is open before you run the Wizard. If you'd like to include products from current subcategories, please check Export all subcategories. Otherwise products will be exported only from the parent (current) category.
Export image name - is exporting image names as they are in products (database): some_image.jpg when AS IS option is checked. If you select Full option, image name field will contain URL that can be opened in a browser.
Export only current language option is useful if your store is running in more than one language. You can switch languages by pressing [Ctrl]+[L] key combination or in Tools->Store Language. If this option is unchecked - all the languages will be exported.
Group fields by language option can be used if your store is running in more than one language and Export only current language option is unchecked. This option will group fields in export file by language: all the fields in current language be placed first and then Fields in second (third, etc.) language will follow them. Otherwise fields in resulting file will be grouped like this:
Fields Delimiter page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well.
- Export file is usually generated for further import. If incorrect delimiter is specified during import, the file will not be parsed properly and the products will not be imported. Second option is quote string values. It is used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Category delimiter is not native .csv setting; it is used only in Store Manager. As you know, categories are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain one or more subcategories and subcategory may be divided into one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category path is very similar to directory path, used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory is separated by backslash (\) character like shown in the example - C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
- As for example category path for "Sample Subcategory" (see image below) will be Hardware|Graphics Cards|Sample Subcategory. Pipe (|) character was used as a separator.
- Images - Default images path is the exact place to store image files.
Select fields to export:
All available fields that can be exported are listed at the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>". The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using the corresponding buttons.
Preview an export file and proceed.
Choose what action to perform after saving export data, use "None" option and Wizard will be automatically closed. If you wish to open a directory containing result file, check the corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
Attention! When you press "Export" button, export process will start! You can save all your 'Export Settings' for future export of Zen Cart products or Load the settings you have saved previously.