2. Export Categories
Export categories wizard will help you export categories from Zen Cart store to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Import/Export you need to click on button which starts the Import/Export Categories Wizard.
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" to proceed.
Store Manager can export Zen Cart categories to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one to replace the existing file.
On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Categories you'd like to export - Default setting for this option is to export all categories at current Zen Cart store. If you wish to Export products only from the category shown below, select Only from current category and it's subcategories option. If you wish to export products only from selected categories, you'll need to make sure that the categories are chosen before you run the Wizard.
- Export image name. You have to select whether to export image names as they are in categories (database) : some_image.jpg (when AS IS option has to be checked) or if you select Full option, image name field will contain URL that can be opened in a browser.
- Group fields by language option can be used if your store is running in more than one language and Export only current language option is unchecked. This option will group fields in export file by language: all fields in current language will be placed first and then they will be followed by the Fields in second (third, etc.) language.
- Export only current language option is useful if your store is running in more than one language. You can switch languages by pressing [Ctrl]+[L] key combination or in Tools->Store Language. If this option is unchecked - all languages will be exported.
Fields delimiter and quote character step has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- Delimiter Character. The most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. Export file is usually generated for further import.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Category Delimiter. This is not native .csv setting, it is used in Store Manager only.
As you know categories are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain one or more subcategories and subcategory can be divided into one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category path is very similar to directory path, used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory is separated by backslash (\) character like this shown in the example -
C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
Select fields you want to be exported:
- Enable Export field names as first row option if you need one.
- All available fields are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- Tip: The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
Preview Export. On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result.
Attention! When you press "Export" Button, export process will start! This process will take some time.
If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and Wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you choose to open a directory containing result file, check the corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
Now export of Zen Cart categories is done.